2012 4th edition
with Companion Website
Table of Contents
About the Companion Website
About the Authors
Dealing with Servicers and Staving Off Foreclosures
- Attacking loan documentation and robo-signing
- Challenging a party’s standing to foreclose
- Failure to comply with HAMP as a foreclosure defense
- The latest on loan modifications
- RESPA and other challenges to mortgage servicer abuses
- Foreclosure litigation: substantive and procedural defenses
- Raising loan broker and loan originator-related claims against the mortgage holder
- Special rights to stop foreclosure of FHA, VA, and RHS mortgages
- Tax liens and tax foreclosures
- Foreclosure rescue and loan modification scams.
Steps to Take After a Foreclosure
- Setting aside a completed foreclosure
- Redemption after sale and repurchase at the foreclosure sale
- Stopping deficiency judgments and claiming surpluses
- Tax consequences of foreclosure sales
- Rights of tenants in possession.
The Website Is a
Complete Foreclosure Library:
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) guidelines, trial period plan, and sample modification agreement
- New FDIC Loan Modification Program
- FHA, VA, RHS mortgage statutes, rules, letters, and handbooks
- 100+ pleadings on foreclosure defense, predatory loans, and excessive fees
- Counseling forms and sample qualified written requests
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan modification agreements, servicing guides
- Practice aids to fight servicer abuses
- Summaries of state foreclosure, condominium, and tax abatement laws
- Credit math software.
for the NCLC Manuals
"This is the best book out there for in-depth legal research on the subject of foreclosure. ... The best discussion anywhere
on how to challenge mortgage servicer abuses."
-- Stephen Elias, Esq.
Author, The Foreclosure Survival Guide (Nolo Press)