Truth in Lending
2012 8th edition
1300+ pp. in two volumes, plus Companion Website
Table of Contents
About the Companion Website
About the Authors
The definitive Truth in Lending treatise from the nation's TILA experts, now updated to include dramatic 2011 and 2012 changes.
TILA Is Not Just a Disclosure Statute Anymore!
- New Dodd-Frank legislation bans numerous mortgage
- New FRB Rules restrict kickbacks to mortgage
- Special rules regulating higher cost mortgage loans just
went into effect and other changes will be effective in
- The Credit CARD Act and new federal Rules establish
new restrictions on credit card abuses
- New teeth to regulation of HOEPA loans
- Statutory damages are now increased to $2000 for car
loans, $4000 and up for mortgage loans, and $5000
and up for credit cards
- Extensive new disclosure requirements for credit cards,
home equity loans, mortgages and other credit
- The leading discussion of TIL rescission rights that
allow homeowners to cancel mortgages.
Key Practice Aids are on the Website and in the Appendices
- A searchable compilation of all Reg. Z Federal Register notices since 1969
- Redlined rules and commentary, showing recent changes
- TILA legislative history
- Computer software to calculate APRs, even for irregular or variable rate loans
- HOEPA points and fees worksheet
- Sample rescission letter, complaints, discovery, expert reports, and jury instructions for TIL, HOEPA, and FCBA.